Conference – Leadership for a Smokefree Future
Fresh is hosting a free regional conference on Wednesday 27th September 2023 looking at reducing tobacco smoking rates below 5% across the North East and North Cumbria
Colleagues from across the region will come together for a major tobacco control conference jointly funded by all 12 local authorities and the North East and North Cumbria NHS Integrated Care Board (NENC ICB).
It’s a chance to hear inspiring national and regional speakers, explore the latest evidence base, to reflect on our challenges, make system level commitments to achieve our shared collective vision and network with colleagues and leaders from across the system.
- Professor Peter Kelly (Chair) – OHID Regional Director & NHS Director of Public Health for the North East and Yorkshire
- Sir Liam Donaldson – Chair of North East and North Cumbria ICB and former England Chief Medical Officer
- Sue Mountain and Cathy Hunt – smoking survivors
- Amanda Healy – Chair of Association of Directors of Public Health
- Deborah Arnott – Chief Executive of ASH
- Professor Ann McNeill – Professor of Tobacco Addiction, Kings College London
- Dr Sharon Cox, Principal Research Fellow, Tobacco and Alcohol Research Group, University College London
- Professor Robert West – Emeritus Professor, Institute of Epidemiology & Health, University College London
- Dr Ruth Sharrock, Clinical Lead for Tobacco, NENC ICB; colleagues from Fresh, and more to be confirmed.
Those involved in planning and decision making on the wide ranging multi strand approach to tobacco control, addressing health inequalities, improving health, wellbeing and economic growth.
The audience will include those from (without any links or affiliations to tobacco companies): local government; NHS; voluntary sector; stop smoking service providers; research and academia; key regional organisations.